Monday, July 22, 2013

Sister Bennett's last email from the Provo MTC - leaves for VA next Wed!!

You guys should start using dear elder for me for the rest of the time that I am in the mtc cause that means i can hear from you every day! But I know you all are very busy, so if you don't, that's okay! Well we started teaching a woman named Belinda today. She is our TRC, so she could be a nonmember or a less active that is playing a role. She honestly scared me the first time we met her. She is from malasia and didn't believe in God at all and called me and Sister Clonts psychos for believing in him. Well we kept telling her that God is real and that he loves her and she told us she didn't care. It was really hard, but we invited her to read Alma 18 and pray to see if it is true. We went to see her againa couple days later and she was still the same blunt Belinda, but she told us that she read the entire Book of Mormon! We were in shock and she got mad at us for being so surprised but we invited her to be baptized and she said yes! And Stephen, the one I was about to teach when I sent you that letter, is doing better. The first time we visited him he wouldn't really open up to us and he is very sarcastic and a super genius, so he is kind of hard to teach. He knew more about Joseph Smith than I do, so he doesn't really need any more knowlegde, he just needed to feel the spirit. He sort of feels like he is worthless to Heavenly Father, so we went over God's love for him for probably 3 or 4 lessons. He decided that he wants to be baptized! So now we need to teach him all the other fun stuff!! Oh and I got my travel itinerary and it says that i have to be at the travel office in the MTC at 3:30 in the morning on Wednesday! And my flight is at 7 or something, so expect a call from around 5:30 or 6:00 AM on Wednesday. I think. I'll let you know otherwise.  Well, there's not that much more to say, but I will probably be writing you a letter later today! Love you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment